Department of Japanese and Chinese Languages and Literatures
(Japanese Language and Literature)
Heian Period Stories/Waka Literature and Medieval Dynastic Stories
- The Tales of Ise
- Japanese Medieval Court Romance
I specialize in ancient and medieval Japanese literature, especially research focused on Heian Period waka poetry and monogatari. I mainly research private poetry collections from the 10th century that relate to waka and Heian Period uta monogatari as well as medieval giko (pseudo-classic) monogatari (tales/stories).
- Medieval Dynastic Monogatari: Exploration of Expression, Kasama Shoin, 2011.
- Research of Heian Period Uta Monogatari: "Ise Monogatari," "Heichū Monogatari," "Collection of Prefatory Uta Monogatari from Ise", Kasama Shoin, 2007.
- Dynastic Waka & Diary Writings, Shintensha, 2003.
- Research of Heian Period Uta Monogatari: "Yamato Monogatari", Kasama Shoin, 2000.
- Ama no Karumo (Complete Collection of Medieval Courtly Fiction vol. 2), Kasama Shoin, 1995.