Department of History
Pre-modern Vietnamese History and Research into its Historical Material
- Hai Duong Area|Mac Dynasty
- Bibliography|Quoc trieu Hinh luat
- Cao Bang Area
- Emperor of Le Thanh Tong
- Le Dynasty
- Thanh Hoa Group
I am researching political history, including the bureaucracy, military system, and imperial examination system, as well as land development and a wide range of issues related to land ownership in the Le Dynasty (Vietnam) (15th–18th centuries). Further, I perform analyses using collected historical materials pertaining to this field to understand the era more comprehensively.
- Politics and Society in the Early Years of the Le Dynasty, Vietnam, Hiroshima University Press, 2009.
- Articles of Southeast Asia as Found in Da Qing Shi Lu: Jiaqing(大清実録中東南亜関係記事＜嘉慶＞), Japan Society for Southeast Asian Studies, Kansai Annual Meeting, 1986 [Author and editor].
- The History of the Agricultural Exploitation of Coi Tri Village in Ninh Binh Province in the Red River Delta of Vietnam: A Reconsideration of Relations between Local and National Officials and the Populace, The Journal of Oriental Researches, 66(4), pp.570-601, 2008.
- The State Farm System in the Red River Delta in the First Half of the Le Dynasty Vietnam, Journal of Asian and African Studies, 64, pp.173-191, 2002.
- The Ha Family of Gia Hung Prefecture in the Period of King Le Thanh Tong: Analysis from a Comparison of Testaments, The Journal of Oriental Researches, 56(3), pp.205-233, 1997.
- The Le Government and Its Regional Administration System in the Newly Reclaimed Land under the Reign of Le Thanh Tong: The Anolysis of the Inscription in Yen Hung Sub-Prefecture, Journal of Southeast Asia Studies, 32(2), pp.143-168, 1995.
- The Lam Son Uprising and the Trace of the Compilation of the Lam Son Records: Early-Flowering "Nationalism" of Vietnam, Journal of Historical Studies, 789, pp.42-51, 2004.