Purpose of Engineering
The purpose of engineering is the "search for realization" and thereby to contribute to peace, development and continuation of human existence. That is to examine and realize specific measures for solving requests and problems in society in harmony with nature, based on scientific knowledge.
Concept of Establishment of Graduate School of Engineering
- To promote advanced and interdisciplinary studies and provide a forum for creation, accumulation and utilization of knowledge.
- In order to accomplish the "Purpose of Engineering," to develop researchers who will creatively cope with the development of new basic technologies and highly advanced professional engineers who have the abilities to set out and provide solutions to problems.
- To contribute to building an affluent society and to further peace, development and continuation of human existence through advanced research activities and returning the results of research to society.
Purpose of Education and Research of Graduate School of Engineering
- To promote advanced and highly sophisticated research and interdisciplinary research and to contribute to building an affluent society and to further peace, development and continuation of human existence and returning the results of research to society.
- To understand the purpose of engineering and develop sociality and autonomy.
- To acquire the basic knowledge and skills necessary for engineering.
- To develop highly advanced professional engineers who have abilities to set out and provide solutions to problems.
- To develop abilities to promote advanced and interdisciplinary studies.
- In addition, to have abilities to be engaged in engineering acquired as well as to develop human resources who will succeed and develop engineering.
Objectives of Education and Research of Graduate School of Engineering
- Carrying out advanced and systematic education and research activities in each special field and interdisciplinary fields.
- Development of human resources who have knowledge and abilities required for being engaged in research and development.
- Development of a broad outlook, flexible adaptability and creativity and arousing desire for self-enlightenment and study.
- Research activities aiming at positive solutions for environmental problems, taking into consideration the finite nature of the earth.
- Contribution to international community through promotion of international joint research.
- Active reduction activities of research results to society.