Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Medical care is a trust-based partnership between a patient and a health care provider.
Hiroshima University Hospital is committed to providing better medical care by respecting the rights of our patients and, at the same time, encouraging patients to share responsibility for their own health care.
The patient has the right:
- To be treated with respect for human dignity;
- To have fair and equal access to medical care;
- To know his/her own situation by receiving convincing and accurate information;
- To select and determine to receive medical treatment of his/her own free will; and
- To have privacy protected.
Shared Responsibility for Participation in Medical Care
To protect and expand the above-mentioned rights, patients have the responsibility to work together with health care providers and participate, as encouraged by their physicians, in their own medical treatment.