International students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply for the HUSA Program:
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at their university during their stay in Hiroshima.
- They must be a student of a university with which Hiroshima University has established a formal short-term student exchange agreement.
- Students must have a good academic record.
- Students must show a clear interest in Japanese culture and society.
- Students must have sufficient English OR Japanese language proficiency to be able to comprehend classes, give presentations, write reports and take examinations. Attending HUSA without sufficient language ability can cause difficulties in academic achievement.
Language Proficiency Requirement
＊Applicants are required to be able to comprehend class content either in English OR Japanese.
＊Regarding the provision of language proof, please refer to the "Application Documents".