Read this first!
- Only students currently enrolled in a partner university are eligible to apply for the HUSA Program, financial assistance and the JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) scholarships.
- For a limited number of students in the HUSA Program, a "JASSO STUDENT EXCHANGE SUPPORT PROGRAM (SCHOLARSHIP FOR SHORT-TERM STUDY IN JAPAN)" is offered by JASSO. The Scholarship offers monthly stipend of 80,000 yen.
Eligibility requirements for JASSO Scholarship
- Students must be eligible to receive a "student" visa
- Students must be enrolled at institutions, which have concluded an academic exchange agreement with Hiroshima University and have their application accepted by Hiroshima University
- Students must posses excellent academic and personal records at their home university (*)
- Students must demonstrate that they will benefit from studying in Japan and will have to produce a clear study plan with regard to their studies
- Students must, upon completion of the term of exchange, return to their home institutions to continue their studies or to graduate
- Students who have difficulty supporting themselves due to financial reasons while studying at Hiroshima University
- In the case that the student is receiving a different scholarship from another organization, the total sum of the monthly provisions does not exceed 80,000 yen.
(*) Requirements for converting the Grade Point Average to the "JASSO scale."
Students hoping to be nominated for the JASSO scholarship must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) that is at least 2.30 out of 3.00 for the previous academic year. If applicants do not have grades for the previous academic year, they must submit their grades for the previous semester.
GPA in JASSO is calculated based on the following calculation formula (round off to two decimal places.)
|Four - grade evaluation / Pattern 1||-||Excellent||Good||Passing||Failed|
|Four - grade evaluation / Pattern 2||-||A||B||C||F|
|Four - grade evaluation / Pattern 3||-||100-80||79-70||69-60||below 59|
|Five - grade evaluation / Pattern 4||100 - 90||89-80||79-70||69-60||below 59|
|Five - grade evaluation / Pattern 5||S||A||B||C||F|
|Five - grade evaluation / Pattern 6||A||B||C||D||F|
|Grade Point Average||3||3||2||1||0|
[(number of GPA "3"credits ｘ3)+(number of GPA "2"credits ｘ2)+(number of GPA "1"credits ｘ1)+(number of GPA "0"credits ｘ0)] / Total number of credits
The number of the scholarship is very limited.
The academic achievement of the JASSO Scholarship awardees will be strictly monitored and evaluated by Hiroshima University.
JASSO Scholarship Allowances
Monthly allowances for HUSA program students who receive the JASSO Scholarship are sent to your Japanese bank account each month. (There is usually a delay due to the change of fiscal year in April.)JASSO awardees must be enrolled at Hiroshima University and come to the office of the International Exchange Group to sign the prescribed form to confirm their attendance during the designated period of each month to facilitate the payment of monthly allowances. The monthly allowance provided by the JASSO Scholarship is 80,000 yen. If you do not sign the form for the scholarship payment by the designated date, you may not receive the scholarship for that month.