The Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities
Hiroshima University has been selected as one of the institutions designated under MEXT's "The Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities."
Focusing attention on the institution-wide function of academic research, "The Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities" aims to augment the research capability of each institution and contribute to the strengthening of a group of Japanese universities engaged in world-class research activities. Based on a situation analysis of their own research activities, the institutions are encouraged to employ and utilize URAs*, human resource personnel engaged in research administration who are in charge of research strategy and intellectual property management. The institutions are also encouraged to strategically support the implementation of effective initiatives for research environment restructuring, such as the promotion of efforts to accelerate competitive research, the creation of innovative research areas, and the development of a world-class research environment.
Hiroshima University's Plan
1. Research Promotion System and Development of Research Environment
- Organization for Research Promotion
- University Research Administrator (URA)
- Research Facilities Support (Japanese Page)
- Research Ethics (Japanese Page)
2. Research Centers Aiming to Be among the World's Best
3. Securing and Fostering of Excellent Research Personnel
- The DP/DR Program
- Research and Technology Portal HIMAWARI (Japanese)
- Profiles of Faculty and Research Scholars
- Japan Academy Prize and the Imperial Prize of the Japan Academy
- List of Winners of Prizes from Academic Societies (Japense Page)
- State-of-the-art Research [from HU Prospectus]
- The Program to Support the Research Activities of Female Researchers
4. For Globalizing Research Activities
We provide support for hosting international conferences, support for academic writing in English, and support for international research communication.
- Support for writing papers in English (Writing Center)
- International Conference Support (Japanese Page)
- International Science Communication
- NEPRS (Network for Education and Research on Peace and Sustainability)