Department of Applied Philosophy and Classics
Steiner Thought, Educational Ethics and Modern Japanese Thought
- Rudolf Steiner
- Applied Ethics
- Modern Japanese Thoughts
- Peace Theory
- Zen Buddhism
I am researching Rudolf Steiner, who has extensively influenced modern society in terms of politics, economics, and spiritual culture. I am particularly interested in exploring issues of education, religion, politics, economics, and peace from the perspective of applied ethics.
- Between Fiction and Nonfiction as Seen in Seicho Matsumoto: Deciphering the ‘Philosophy Academy Incident’ (Novel Tokyo Imperial University), Ochanomizu Shobo, 2015.
- Iwanami Applied Ethics Seminar 6: Education, Iwanami Shoten, 2005 [Co-authored].
- Sengai(仙厓), Nishinippon Shinbun, 1998 [Author and editor].
- A Theosophical Paradigm in Montessori Educational Thought: A Point of Contact with Steiner Educational Thought, Praxis, 12, pp.107-122, 2011.
- A Theosophical Paradigm in Montessori Thought: A Point of Contact with Steiner Educational Thought, Montessori Education, 39, pp.50-67, 2007.
- Rudolf Steiner's Anthroposophical Epistemology, Studies in the Philosophy of Education, 77, pp.65-77, 1998.
- Toward a Solution of “Scientification” Problem on Steiner Pedagogy - Anthroposophical Epistemology as a Clue -, Research on Education of Man, 10, pp.101-115, 1998.