Department of Geography, Archaeology, and Cultural Heritage
Geographical research on agribusiness, Research on agricultural regions of India
- Agricultural Geography
- Firm’s entry into agriculture
- Rural Area
I specialize in agricultural and rural geography. My research theme is to reveal how the agribusiness activities have changed the rural areas within and outside Japan. My primary fields of research are the rural areas in Japan and India.
- Geography of Agribusiness, Kokon Shoin, 2013
- A Food Company’s Entry into Fresh Tomato Production and Regional Effects: Kagome Co., Ltd.’s Entry into Mihara Village, Kochi Prefecture, Geographical Review of Japan, 89(4), pp.145-165, 2016.
- Increase in Firms’ Entries into Agriculture and Their Impact on the Producing Areas in Japan: The Case of Oita Prefecture, Annals of the Association of Economic Geographers, 61(1), pp.51-70, 2015.
- Geographical Analysis of Broiler Distribution in India: Focusing on Regional Differences between North and South India, Research Reports of Humanities(Kochi University), 22, pp.1-18, 2017.
- Development Mechanisms of the Broiler Meat Production Areas in India: Analysis Based on the Agribusiness Behaviors, Annual Report of Research Center for Regional Geography, 15, pp.171-187, 2006.