Department of Applied Philosophy and Classics
Nietzsche, Heidegger, Bioethics, Information Ethics
- Information Ethics
I am researching the problem of ‘nihilism’, referring mainly to the thought of Nietzsche and Heidegger. Moreover, I am examining ethical issues about life and death of our time as a bioethical theme and ethical issues about information technology such as the Internet and smartphone as an information ethical theme.
- Ethics of Being-Affirmation I: Question from Nihilism, Nakanishiya Shuppan, 2017.
- Introduction to Information Ethics, Nakanishiya Shuppan, 2004[Co-authored].
- The Internet as the Amplification Equipment of Discord: An Approach from Heidegger’s Theory of Technology, Praxis, vol.18, pp.39-48, 2017.
- Against the Denial of Life : An Attempt at Criticism of Abortion, Igaku-Tetsugaku Igaku-Rinri: Annals of the Japanese Association for Philosophical and Ethical Researches of Medicine, 26, pp.31-40, 2008.
- Can Spiritual Pain be Healed? : On the Turning of Outlook on Life and Death, Igaku-Tetsugaku Igaku-Rinri: Annals of the Japanese Association for Philosophical and Ethical Researches of Medicine, 23, pp.65-75, 2005.
- “Overcoming” or “Cancellation” of Nihilism in Nietzsche and Heidegger, RINRIGAKU-Nenpo: Annals of Ethics, 47, pp.125-138, 1998.