Department of History
Politics/Society and Economics/Culture in Medieval Japan
- Mōri Clan
- Kokudaka System
- Distribution Economy
I principally research the politics and economies of the warring states and Azuchi-Momoyama periods, but in recent years, I have been involved in research concerning the history and culture of Itsukushima (Miyajima). I would like to impart to the younger generation the importance of actually visiting the site and seeing it with one’s own eyes.
- Unification of the Nation and the Silver Rush, Yoshikawakobunkan, 2015.
- Currency and Kokudaka System during the Shokuho Provincial War Period, Yoshikawakobunkan, 2006.
- Political and Economic Structure of the Toyotomi Provincial War Period and East Asia, Review of Historical Studies, 277, pp.1-27, 2012.
- Distribution during the Transitional Period between the Medieval Period and Early Modern Period in Saigoku, Journal of Japanese History, 585, pp.83-112, 2011.
- Chikuzen Rule and Kokudaka System of Kobayakawa Hideaki, Kyushu-Shigaku, 117, pp.1-23, 1997.
- Development of Ruling Structure in Chikuzen Province during Toyotomi Period, Kyushu-Shigaku, 108, pp.2-30, 1993.
- Standard Coin and Circulating Coin in the Domain of Mōri Family, Bulletin of the Institute for the Cultural Studies of the Seto Inland Sea, 20, pp.29-54, 1991.
- Development of Provincial Governorate by Todaiji in Suo Province during the Late Middle Ages, Journal of Japanese History, 296, pp.1-32, 1987