Department of British, American, and European Languages and Literatures, and Linguistics
Language and Style of the 18/19th-century British Novels, Digital Humanities
- Philology and Stylistics
- Charles Dickens
- Nineteenth-century English
- TEI and English Literary Texts
I am studying the language and literary stylistics used in British literature during the late modern English period (1700-1900). In particular, I am scientifically investigating the works of the great Victorian writer Charles Dickens from the perspective of English philology.
- Dr Tadao Yamamoto and the Dickens Lexicon Project, Aspects of the History of English Language and Literature, pp.159-171, 2010.
- A Stylistic Approach to Pip’s Class-Consciousness in Great Expectations, Studies in Modern English, 23, pp.1-22, 2007.
- Grammaticalization of look-forms in the 19th Century: A Sociolinguistic Approach, Hiroshima Studies in English Language and Literature, 51, pp.31-47, 2007.