Department of Japanese and Chinese Languages and Literatures
(Japanese Language and Literature)
Early Modern Waka Poems and the Literary World of Edo
- Waka in Early Modern Period
- the Literary World of Tokugawa Shogunate
- Reizei Tamemura
- Terada Rinsen
- Hiroshima Feudal Clan
- Narushima Nobuyuki
- Kondou Yoshiki
- Tachibanano Akemi
- Edo Kyouka
Specializing in early modern waka, I research matters related to methods that were devised and new expressions that were created for wakas. I base my work on the biographical research of poets who were engaged in creating the history and tradional expressions of wakas.
- Waka Literature Compendium 74: Furusato, Hachisu no Tsuyu, Sōkeishū, Shinobunoyakashū, Meiji Shoin, 2007. [Co-authored]
- Collected Waka Poetry and Studies Vol. 16, Miyai Shoten, 2004. [Co-authored]
- New Japan Classic Literature Survey Meiji 4th ed.: Waka, Haiku, Kayō, and Ongyoku Collection, Iwanami Shoten, 2003. [Co-authored]
- A Study of Early Modern Reizen Poetry Circles, Kanrin Shobo, 2003.
- New Complete Classical Japanese Literature 73: Early Modern Waka, Shogakukan, 2002.
- Hiroshima as Yoshiki Kondō's Base of Activity, Kokubungakuko, 218, pp.1-15, 2013.
- Literature of the Hiroshima Domain and the Scholar Rinsen Terada (2nd half), Gobun Kenkyu, 113, pp.15-26, 2012.
- Literature of the Hiroshima Domain and the Scholar Rinsen Terada (1st half), Gobun Kenkyu, 112, pp.36-47, 2011.
- On the "Meiwa 15 Comic Tanka (Kyōka)": The Tentori Kyōka Framework, Yukio Kusaka (ed.), Studies of Waka Literary in the Modern Age and the Early Modern Period, Shibunkaku Shuppan, pp.315-329, 2008.
- "Kokinshū (Collection of Poems of Ancient and Modern Times)" of the Early Modern Court Nobles: A Focus on Sōko Hagiwara, Masato Mori and Hajime Suzuki (eds.), Bungaku-shi no Kokin Wakashū, Izumi Shoin, pp.173-196, 2007.
- Misreadings in Waka Corrections: With reference to the guidance of Tamemura Reizei, The Edo Bungaku, 36, pp.145-153, 2007.
- The Tenmei 7 Nen (1787) of Ōta Nanpo: Concerning the Promotion of Literary and Military Arts and Withdrawal from the Comic Tanka World, Bungaku, 8(3), pp.110-118, 2007.
- The Standing of the Early Modern Poet: Enjoyment of Manyoshū and Kokinshū and an Evaluation of Bakumatsu Poets, Bungaku, 6(3), pp.75-86, 2005.