Department of British, American, and European Languages and Literatures, and Linguistics
Syntactic and Diachronic Research of Italian and English, Japanese Contrastive Linguistics
- Complement Sentence
I specialize in Italian and English syntax and morphology. In particular, I seek advancements in the research of diachronic changes in language form and the generation process of word-formation. I am working on further investigation into syntactic phenomena in unaccusative structures with the generation and evolution of language as a central theme in my work.
- Study of Italian Noun Phrases from the Period of the Formation of the Early Modern Language: Positioning of the 19th-century Prose of Leopardi in Italian Language History, Soseisha, 2005.
- The Diachronic Shift of the Complementizer che in Italian: The Finite Complement Sentence of the Verbs sembrare and parere, Nidaba, 45, pp.1-10, 2016.
- Infinitival Complements in Small Clauses: di-INF & φ-INF in Restructured Syntax, Journal of Linguistic and Cultural Studies, 43, pp.3-17, 2014.
- La funzione sintattica del participio passato e le parole derivate, Studi Italici, 60, pp.89-110, 2010.
- Italian Compounds with Regard to Lexical Components, Studia Romanica, 31, pp.21-30, 1998.