Department of British, American, and European Languages and Literatures, and Linguistics
(American and British Literature)
English Poetry and 16/17th Century English Literature
- English Literature
- Poetry in English
- Seventeenth Century
- Andrew Marvell
- Religion and Politics
- Human Relationship
I am studying early modern poetry and literature from the English Renaissance. I am also teaching courses on dramatic works, including topics such as Shakespeare, critical theory, and English literary history. My goal is to encourage a pursuit of deep literature that does not neglect the catharsis and poetic sentiment of the experience.
- Marvell's Ambivalence: Religion and the Politics of Imagination in Mid-Seventeenth-Century England, Cambridge: D. S. Brewer, 2011.
- Two Verbal Echoes of John Hall in Marvell’s Verse, Notes and Queries, 61(3), pp.369-371, 2014.
- Columbus’s Egg in Milton’s Paradise Lost, Notes and Queries, 54(1), pp.40-43, 2007.
- The Politics of Traducianism and Robert Herrick, The Seventeenth Century, 19(2), pp.183-195, 2004.
- Another Religio-Political Note on Marvell’s ‘Bermudas’, Notes and Queries, 49(3), pp.343-344, 2002.
- Religio-Political Associations of ‘the Orange’ in Marvell’s ‘Bermudas’, Notes and Queries, 48(4), pp.394- 395, 2001.
- ‘Perhaps’ in Marvell’s ‘Bermudas’, The Seventeenth Century, 13(1), pp.22-35, 1998.