International Research Students

Students wishing to study a specific subject, at either the undergraduate or graduate level, may be admitted as research students ("kenkyuusei"). Research students are not entitled to degrees upon completion of his/her research work. Most applicants for admission to a graduate school gain admission to the University as a research student first, and then prepare for the entrance examination to the graduate school of their choice while researching their subject in more detail.

In order to apply for research student course, first of all, you should find your prospective supervisor and have a talk with him/her on your research, using e-mail or phone.

We will send you the application forms if you get his/her agreement to supervise you after your admission. So, please contact us by e-mail using the contact information below.

Submission Period

  • Those residing in Japan
Research Start Period Application Deadline
From April 1 End of February
From October 1 End of August
  • Those living outside Japan
Research Start Period Application Deadline
From April 1 End of November of previous year
From October 1 End of May

Application Procedure

For details, see the "Application Procedure for International Research Students".


Graduate School of Innovation and Practice for Smart Society, Hiroshima University
(Support Office for the fields of International Development and Cooperation )

1-5-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, 739-8529
Tel: +81-(0)82-424-4696
・To send email, type “” after the portion of the respective e-mail address.