Education for Promoting Green Innovations in Asia
As a part of the educational program, “Global Environmental Leaders Education Program for Designing a Low-Carbon World” conducted by the Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC), Hiroshima University annually organize two-weeks-long summer intensive course as post graduate educational program. Two courses have been successfully organized: climate science and negotiation with the University of Texas at Austin in 2009 at Higashi Hiroshima and participatory approaches for low carbon urban policies and forest management with Bogor Agricultural University in 2010 at Bogor. In 2011, we are planning to have in Beijing with Beijing Normal University on policy and planning instruments for green innovation. As a scoping symposium for preparing the summer course 2011, three experts who have rich experiences in the related fields will be invited. On this occasion, we are pleased to invite those who have potential interests in this topic and have active discussions in the symposium.
- Opening Address: Akimasa Fujiwara (HiCEC/IDEC, Hiroshima University)
- Panel Discussion
- “Challenges and Opportunities on Green Innovations for Low Carbon Development”, Shunsuke Managi (Associate Professor, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University)
- “Patent System and Green Innovation”, Hiroshi Yamamoto (IP Manager, Center for Collaborative Research and Community Cooperation, Hiroshima University)
- “Green Innovation from the Perspectives on International Cooperation”, Itsu Adachi (Deputy Director General for Planning and Coordination, Global Environment Department, JICA)
- Moderetor: Shinji Kaneko (IDEC, Hiroshima University)