This school is comprised of one School and one Project. Students shall belong to any of the 11 research fields of the existing specialized fields or 21st Century Projects, an interdisciplinary research team. Research instructions are given by multiple faculty members and one or more assistant instructors shall be chosen from among the research fields separate from the chief instructor.
- Students of affiliated fields shall study a specialized field of the affiliated field to deepen their understanding and through coursework in other fields, and acquire interdisciplinary knowledge. Students belonging to the 21st Century Projects will gain insights from interdisciplinary perspectives through practical training of interdisciplinary research in each project.
- All students study core subjects, which are based on project-type study with students from different fields and students gain insights from the perspectives of Integrated Arts and Sciences by commonly learning the basics of interdisciplinary studies, comprehensive knowledge and creativity.
- By studying literacy courses, students acquire communication skills to enhance their ability to understand others, research ethics and protocol and to be able to express their opinions effectively.
- In the course of completing a doctoral thesis by conducting original research under the instruction of multiple faculty members, students will deepen their understanding of their focused professional field and gain interdisciplinary knowledge.
- Through instruction on core subjects, students will focus attention on knowledge of different fields and acquire perspectives of Integrated Arts and Sciences which relativize their own professional field and simultaneously acquire advanced research instruction ability.
- Through studying literacy courses, students can acquire advanced communication skills to enhance their ability to understand others, research ethics and protocol and to be able to express their opinions effectively.