First Announcement and Call for Papers
"Workshop on Environmental Technologies
in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, 2017"
The purpose of the workshop is to make active and substantial discussions among modest groups including students.
We desire your attendance and papers earnestly.
The topics can be assumed broadly without adhering to following and papers or talks on anything discussable will be welcome.
- Hydrodynamics of ships and offshore structure
- Renewable energy in the ocean
- Other frontier problems
Six distinguished researchers will be invited as special lecturers:
- Prof. Francis Noblesse (Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.)
- Prof. Volker Bertram (DNV GL)
- Prof. Xinshu Zhang (Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.)
- Prof. Seung-Joon Lee (Chungnam National Univ.)
- Prof. Shiu-Wu Chau (National Taiwan Univ.)
- Dr. Zhiming Yuan (University of Strathclyde)
CALL FOR PAPERS
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts of proposed papers or talks in English about four pages of 'A4' paper including some figures.
The power point (ppt) for the presentation is also acceptable.
DATE AND PLACE
from 13:00 on 16 (Thu) - to 16:00 on 17 (Fri) Nov, 2017
Library Hall, Central Library
Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, JAPAN
PARTICIPATION IN THE WORKSHOP
If you are considering to attend the workshop, please fill in the attached form and return it to the address indicated.
You will receive the detailed information in due time.
The official language of the workshop is English.
Registration is free of charge for all participants since the workshop is supported by JASNAOE.
Reply received: 3 (Fri) Nov, 2017
Abstracts/ppt received: 10 (Fri) Nov, 2017
Workshop: 16 (Thu) - 17 (Fri) Nov, 2017
The workshop is organized by the members of the performance & dynamics research group in the west branch of JASNAOE.
Main members of the organizing committee of the workshop are as follows:
- Prof. H. Iwashita (Hiroshima Univ., chairman of the research group)
- Prof. Y. Doi (Hiroshima Univ.)
- Prof. H. Yasukawa (Hiroshima Univ.)
Professor Hidetsugu Iwashita
Kagamiyama 1-4-1, Higashi-Hiroshima, 739-8527 JAPAN
E-mail: iwashita[at]naoe.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please convert [at] to @.)