Language Test Score Certificate

[Important] Language Test Score Certificate

All applicants except for applicants for Special Selection for Senior Citizens are required to submit a language ability certificate.

Master's Program
Applicants are required to submit an official score certificate of language test as specified below. The scores must be fewer than two years old at the time of IDEC entrance examination.

Those who choose English
Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC(R))
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL(R)) - either TOEFL-iBT, TOEFL-PBT or TOEFL-CBT
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

Those who choose Japanese
Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Japanese Examination of Japanese University Admission for International Student (EJU)
The Final Examination of Preparatory Education to the Foreign Government-sponsored Students granted by the Japanese government in China and Malaysia J.Test.

TOEIC-IP or TOEFL-ITP results can be accepted those for examinations taken within a university or an equivalent organization.

In case an applicant can not submit any of the above score certificates, IDEC will accept an official document made by the university which certifies that the medium of instruction in the
foreign institution which the applicant has attended/is attending is English. Applicant must submit this official document instead of the certificate of Japanese/English language test score.

Doctoral Program
Applicants are required to submit a language ability certificate as specified below:
TOEFL(R) or other equivalent English language test
Japanese Language Proficiency Test or other equivalent Japanese language test
Other official documents certifying the language ability

TOEFL(R) code number for IDEC, Hiroshima University is 7318. Use the code when you request Educational Testing Service(ETS) to send the Official Score to us.
We DO NOT accept a photocopy of test score documents as valid application materials.