• homeHome
  • International Admissions Office(EN)

Hiroshima University International Admissions Office (HU-IAO)

What is HU-IAO?

Hiroshima University International Admissions Office, HU-IAO is the office for applicants who graduated from universities outside of Japan and wish to enroll as graduate students through the Special Selection for International Students, or as research students (non-degree).
HU-IAO assists applicants in initiating contact with the prospective supervisor.

What is HU-IAAS?

Hiroshima University International Admissions Assistant System, HU-IAAS is the application system of HU-IAO. Register your application information in this system and contact the prospective supervisor.
Click here to apply for registration.

Email Template (for Faculty)

Thank you for contacting me. Although you have contacted directly, Hiroshima University is using an online system to initiate contact with the prospective supervisor for those who graduated from universities outside of Japan and wish to enroll in April 2023 or later.
Applicants should access the International Admissions Assistant System (IAAS), at the following URL and register the necessary information from the "For Applicants" button.
For inquiries about the system, please email the International Admissions Office, IAO at
Please note that IAAS may not be used in some programs. In such cases, we will inform you about another procedure.
Thank you.

Learning at HU
Schools and Graduate Schools
Graduate Programs
Japanese Language and Culture Programs
Search for a Supervisor
Profiles of Faculty and Research Scholars in Hiroshima University
Admission information and Procedures for International Students
Admissions Guide for International Students
Cost and Financial Aid for International Students
Admission Expenses (application fee, enrollment fee, tuition)
Enrollment Fee Waivers/Deferment of Payment, Tuition Fee Waivers
Living costs in Japan
Scholarships for International Students
Hiroshima University's Scholarship Programs (Excellent Student Scholarship,HU-PASP)
Japanese Government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT) Scholarship, For those who passed the first screening at the Japanese Embassy
Scholarships from Private Organizations (Recommendation HU/ Self Application)
Part-time Job Information
Part‐time Job in Campus (Japanese site. PA, TA and general part-time work)
Hiroshima University Co-op Part-time Job Information Site (Japanese site)
If you are considering working part-time...(Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the status of Residence Previously Granted)
International Student Support
Guidance Counseling System for International Students in HU @MOMIJI