MEXT Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation) Information

Please read the following procedures and inquire at the department concerned if you have applied for the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship(Research Student), have successfully completed the preliminary examination at the Japanese Embassy (Consulate Office) in your country, and wish to study at Hiroshima University.

Applications for 2019 academic year should be submitted to us by August 23. It may take long to issue a letter of acceptance, therefore we advise you to contact us as soon as you pass the preliminary examination.

We also strongly recommend that you clearly tell us that you are an applicant for the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship and that you have passed the preliminary examination when you make an inquiry.

1. Please contact the office in charge of international research students at the graduate school you wish to enter if you wish to obtain admission as a graduate student or a research student, or a letter of acceptance as a research student. In order for us to answer your questions as accurately as possible, please provide us with the following information when making your inquiry:

1. Name
2. Nationality
3. Current university or company name
4. Field of study and study program
5. Desired academic supervisor
6. Desired course for enrollment (research student, master's course, doctoral course or professional graduate course)
7. Contact details (e-mail, fax or telephone number)
Note: Please tell us the most up-to-date information.

2. The documents that must be submitted to us are those which were submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate Office (application form, certified academic records of the university attended, Recommendation form from the university attended, Study Program), Preliminary Examination Certificate issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General and other documents requested by the graduate school.
You should submit the documents to the address designated by the office in charge of international research students at the graduate school you wish to enter after you contact us.

3. Please click here for a list of departments for inquiries.

4. Before making an inquiry, please read the following details about methods for gathering information. Please gather sufficient information in advance about the graduate schools suitable for your objectives of research and study; whether they offer a suitable course and/or they have the faculty members you wish to be supervised by. We recommend that you investigate these items carefully so that there is no discrepancy between your objectives and possible research you can take after you enroll.
The "Profiles of Faculty and Research Scholars" contains information about the specialist fields, research activities and subjects taught by approximately 1700 faculty members at Hiroshima University. You can search by name and keywords. If you can't find contact details, please send email to the office of the graduate school.

Search in Japanese
Search in English

Education and research undertaken at each graduate school can be found on their websites:

In Japanese
In English