On this page you can find information on support and resources for research activities at Hiroshima University (HU). Please note: We try our best to provide as much as information in English, but please visit Japanese page or ask our teams when you need more information.
*HU faculty and staff only
Applying for KAKENHI (Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research)
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Official Websites
At HU, we provide faculty members various resources for KAKENHI applications, such as the archive of funded proposals, information sessions, and on-demand learning materials. For KAKENHI proposals, HU has an internal deadline prior to JSPS's final deadline.
● Please note that the application period will start about one to two months earlier than usual.
【Important】 Advancement of Call and Offer Period for FY2022 Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research KAKENHI *
- KAKENHI website at HU (in Japanese) *
- KAKENHI preparation support site*
- KAKENHI preparation English support by URA division*
Support and programs for early-career researchers and female researchers
Support and resources for scholarly publishing
Research facilities and support
- Booking at the Support Center for Research Facilities (in Japanese)
- Microscopic imaging platform for atoms and molecules (in Japanese)
- Monozukuri (Craftwork) Plaza
A list of research institutes and facilities is here.
Support for international research activities
- Hosting international conferences (in Japanese)
- International research communication
- Institutional identification code for international grant application (in Japanese)*