To nurture individuals who can contribute to the continued existence of humanity and welfare enhancement, the School of Applied Biological Science conducts education and research on the basis of the following principles:
● Conservation of the biosphere environment
● Food production in harmony with the environment
● Creation of healthy and abundant food
● Creation of knowledge relating to bioresources
● Contribution to regional and international communities
The School of Applied Biological Science pursues education and research by improving and creating knowledge in agriculture relating to organisms and the environment, toward sustainable food production and the effective use of bioresources in harmony with the environment. In so doing, the School aims to foster individuals who can play significant roles in and contribute to society, capitalizing on their scientific knowledge in the above fields and their broad, global perspective.
１．Type of Students We Seek Seek
The School of Applied Biological Science conducts education and research relating to sustainable food production and efficient use of bioresources in harmony with the environment. With the aim of producing graduates who can work for society with a deep scientific knowledge in these fields and with a broad perspective, we are looking for the following type of students.
● A person who has acquired a thorough grounding in basic high-school level academic study, with particular strength in science and mathematics subjects
● A person who has a high awareness of food production and environmental issues
● A person who aims to engage in work related to food production or the environment, and seeks in the future to play an active role in local and international communities
２． Basic Policy regarding Admissions Screening
The School of Applied Biological Science has established the Department of Applied Biological Science to meet the diverse needs of students and produce graduates equipped with the abilities required to pursue a wide range of career paths. In light of the educational goals and objectives specified in the diploma and curriculum policies of individual programs, we will implement admissions screening and evaluate individual applicants from a comprehensive and multidimensional perspective. We will also clearly specify the qualities required of students for admission and the evaluation methods based on the three elements of academic ability: knowledge and skills; capacity for thought, judgment and expression; and independence, diversity and cooperation.