Introduction of department
Treatments in our clinic are the restoration of the defective tooth structure and the replacement of the missing teeth for the recovery of the stomatognathic function loss and esthetic disturbances.
For example, we make the fixed restoration by replacing the full metal crown, the resin jacket crown, the bridge, the removable denture and the dental implant in patient’s oral cavities.
Recently we use esthetic material, i.e. zirconia and new type of porcelains for these restorations. These materials are expected no harmful for the biological compatibility, less metal allergy, and so on.
During recent years, we had continued to examine state-of-the art crown restoration which is made by hybrid resin CAD/CAM systems in a clinical trial, as the advanced medical technology. This has been successfully applied for Japanese healthcare insurance in April 2014.
- The study of relationship between oral habits and psychosomatic stress responses measured by salivary chromogranin A.
- The antimicrobial efficacy of chlorine dioxide element to add to dental material.
- Exploration of amelogenic stem/progenitor cells for tissue-engineered tooth.
- The roles of FGFR2b signaling in the regenerative capacity of tooth and bone.
- Study of occulusal-supporting ability of individual maxillary and mandibular teeth
- Relation between prosthetic treatment and general condition in elderly with dementia.
- Psychiatric disorders in dental practice.
- Establishment of bone regeneration by using interconnected porous hydroxyapatite and biopolymeric material.