Introduction of department
Orthodontics, which is an area of Dentistry that treats teeth alignment and bite malocclusions, contributes to the general wellbeing of the people through good mouth health.
We firmly consider that proper teeth occlusion not only helps in the chewing of food, but it is also important for the development of children during the growth phase. In addition to this, taking care of a beautiful row of teeth is easier thus maintaining your mouth's and whole body health throughout life. Recently, we have increased One of the features of the University Hospital is medical cooperation. Even if there is periodontal disease and temporomandibular joint disease, we, with collaboration of each specialized department of dentistry, can assure with no doubt treatment success even on the most complex cases; it is a unique advantage that the University Hospital can offer. In addition to this, in the treatment of congenital diseases such as cleft lip and palate, because we cooperate with speech medical therapist, we can determine the best therapeutic strategy by following through careful discussion. Therefore, by creating a team structure beyond the framework of only one department, as a patient you can confide in receiving the best treatment for your especial needs.
In orthodontics, just like in regenerative medicine and gene diagnosis and we have been doing various studies trying to achieve optimum dental health for the next generation. In order to ensure the medical safety and efficacy of treatments done in this Hospital, we stack the data from our basic research over a period of time in a truly reliable form in the belief that it will contribute to the success of our clinical orthodontics practice.
Our staff, pursuing scientific excellence through research and education, also acknowledges the significance of taking advantage of providing correct medical care, aiming to learn to grow together, and to foster young researchers and orthodontic specialist responsible for the forthcoming dental medical community, continuing to strive for a better future.
Contents of the research
- Elucidation of pathogenic mechanism in malocclusion and management of oral maxillofacial skeletal growth
- Optimization of tooth movement by orthodontic force
- Establishment of a new orthodontic treatment based on the image and biochemical diagnosis of temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
- Bone regeneration by use of mesenchymal stem cells and the development of regeneration medicine for closure of jaw cleft
- Elucidation of pathogenesis of amelogenesis imperfect a and the restoration of tooth enamel by application of biomineralization process
- Evaluation of the contribution of various oral functions to general fitness
- Development of new instruments and materials for orthodontic treatment