Introduction of department
Department of Dental Anesthesiology supplies general anesthetic management during oral surgery and at perioperative period, pain clinic for neuralgia and peripheral nerve palsy etc., and acute medical support for emergency in dental clinic.
In addition, during the dental treatment for the patient complicated with diseases such as hypertension, heart failure, asthma, COPD, cerebral stroke and so on, and the elderly or dentalphobia dental anesthesiologists apply sedation techniques and general management for safe and stress-free dental care.
Inhalation sedation unit
- Study on mechanisms of general anesthetic action
We study mechanisms of general anesthetic action using brain microdialysis through increasing inhibitory neurotransmitter, decreasing of excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain, and proving that knocking down specific nerves affects general anesthesia. We intend to realize safe general anesthesia not giving adverse effects on respiration and circulation. We believe that to make the mechanisms clear will help us to reach the goal.
- Study on role of each neuron in an intravenous anesthetic agent-induced anesthetic factor
- Study on a stage of delirium in general anesthesia
- Study on anti-anxiety effects of sedative drugs
- Effects of nitrous oxide on cardiovascular system
- Study on chronic pain
- Study on efficacy of chest compression in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Study on acute medicine for emergency during dental treatments
Principal techniques and each number of cases in this department.
(A number in parentheses is a total of cases per year)
Stellate ganglion block (550)
Peripheral nerve block (400)
General anesthesia (300)
[Stress-free dental clinic]