We are pleased to announce that the Seminar & Workshop “How to improve English presentation skills”will be held as below. In particular, six attendees can make presentations at this workshop.
Please take this opportunity to practice your presentation in front of the audience.
Seminar & Workshop
“How to improve English presentation skills”
【Date】 Tuesday, February 21, 2017
【Time】 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
【Venue】 Meeting Room, Administration Bureau Bldg. 2nd Floor, Higashi-hiroshima campus
Researchers of Hiroshima Univ. *Graduate students are welcome.
Accepting only the first 30 registrants.
1. Creating an effective presentation (20 min)
- What makes an effective presentation?
- Creating a logical outline
- Creating attractive slides
2. Preparing for your presentation (20 min)
- Examples of good speakers
- Identifying areas to improve
3. Handling the Q & A session (20 min)
- Preparing for the Q & A session
- Useful phrases
4. Individual presentations by attendees (60 min)
- Six attendees give 5-minute presentations
- Three minutes of Q & A with the audience
- Two minutes of feedback on each presentation
Greg Adams, Managing Editor of FORTE Science Communications in Tokyo
- Accepting only the first six applicants
- Required format: Powerpoint, In English, Not more than 5 minutes
If you would like your presentation to be edited in advance, please submit the powerpoint by Tuesday, February 7 through the following website:
* Please note that a fee will be charged for editing.
* Please indicate in the note column that you will use this powerpoint for the seminar on Feb. 21.
* Those who will make a presentation, please bring your powerpoint file in USB memory or your own PC.
Writing Center, Hiroshima University