Please use the WRC system (only on campus) to make an appointment.
Please keep in mind:
- You must register an account to make an appointment with the WRC.
- The WRC system can be directly accessed only on campus. To access the WRC system while off campus, you must first connect VPN.
- You should use your Hiroshima University email for registering, logging in, and receiving emails from the WRC system. You cannot use other emails.
How to Make an Appointment
1. Connecting to the VPN (Connecting from Off-Campus
The WRC system can only be accessed from Hiroshima University's campus network, so if you would like to access it from off-campus, you must connect to the Hiroshima University VPN (Virtual Private Network). With this VPN you can connect to the HU network from wherever you are. You can install the VPN and use it on various devices such as laptops, phones, and tablets.
For more details about how to install and connect to the VPN, please check the Media Center's page.
2. User Registration (First-time clients only)
To get started, please register for WRC System account.
1. Access the Registration Page
Please begin the registration process by clicking the "Signup" button.
2. Enter the Required Information
Please enter the required information.
- The fields marked with red text are required.
- Only Hiroshima University email addresses (****@hiroshima-u.ac.jp) are accepted. You cannot register another email address.
- Your password must be above 8 English characters and contain at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number.
- The sections marked with red text are required. If you are a student the section marked "schools and graduate schools" is required. If you are not a student then "Job title" is required.
3. Confirm your Email Address
After submitting the information, you will receive an email from the WRC system, and click the confirmation link.
If you do not receive the confirmation email or forget your password, please click the following buttons and re-enter your email address.
3. Making an Appointment
1. Login to the WRC System
2. Select a Service
3. Select a Date and Time
Time slots that are blue are available. Time slots that are grey are unavailable.
4. Enter the Required Information
When you complete your appointment signup, you should receive an confirmation email from the WRC system.
Deadline for booking
- For face to face writing tutorials : Just before the session
- For online writing tutorials : One hour before the session
- For consulting on research papers: 24 hours before the session
4. Cancelling an Appointment
1. Log into the WRC System
2. Select the appointment you would like to cancel
3. Scroll to the bottom and click the cancel button
When the cancellation is complete, you should receive a confirmation email.
If you have any problems, please contact us at: https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/wrc/contact
If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of the start time of your session, we will consider the tutorial canceled.
For Consultations on Research Papers:
If you do not attend an appointment without notice more than two times per term (8 weeks)/holiday period, you will be unable to book further sessions at the Writing Center for three weeks after the last missed appointment.