We are looking for graduate students who work as a writing tutor at the HU Writing Center. If you would like to work with us, please be sure to submit the application documents.
1. Recruitment Numbers
About 2 to 3 students for English tutor
2. Terms of Employment
November 1st, 2021 - March 31st, 2022 (planned)
※ Your contract could be extended according to your working status or working record.
3. Working Location
Writing Center, 1st floor of the Central Library, Higashi-Hiroshima Campus
4. Working Hours
Tutors should work in shifts from Monday to Friday during semesters. Time slots are 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 12:50 p.m. - 2:20 p.m., 2:35 p.m. - 4:05 p.m. and 4:20 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.. In addtion to the regular shift, we have a weekly tutor meeting during semesters.
- 1,300 YEN per hour for doctor student
- 1,100 YEN per hour for master student
6. Job Description
- Offering writing tutorials in English, e.g. essays, assignments, bachelar thesis, master thesis and doctral thesis.
- Other related work in the Writing Center
Applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements;
- Graduate student of Hiroshima university
- QTA qualification
- Finish getting a credit for "Pedagogical Approaches in Academic Writing in English" or other academic writing class
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required; proficiency in Japanese is an advantage
- Be able to work at Writing Center in Higashi-Hiroshima campus
- Permission to engage in an activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted * International student only
8. How to Apply
Please submit the following documents to the check-out/return counter at the Central Library or send them by e-mail to the Writing Center: wrc*hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @ before using this email address.)
- Application form (word, PDF)
- Papers related to your own research (thesis, research plans, etc.)
- A copy of your student ID card
- A copy of the residence card (both sides) * International students only
9. Application Due Date
Accepting applications at any time. We will stop accepting applications once the limit is reached.
10. Selection Procedure
- Selection will be made based on all application documents submitted.
- Shortlisted candidate will be invited for interviews. Interview will be about for half an hour by Teams or Zoom.
HU Writing Center
e-mail： wrc*hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @ before using this email address.)