The Writing Center, Assistant Professor Tingjia Wang and the Writing Advisor Fellows will collaborate with you to identify what’s effective in your paper and what revisions might strengthen it. They will also help you clarify issues in writing such as summarizing, paraphrasing and citing sources. Please also note that they will make suggestions, but not do copy editing.
NOTE: All sessions are conducted in English. One session lasts 40 minutes.
Only one appointment per week/per person is available (special arrangements can be made on a case by case basis)
Times and Venue
Venue: Writing Center, 1st floor of the Central Library
[From April 2022]
Tingjia Wang, Assistant Professor
- 4:20 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., 5:20 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Jacqueline Tay, Writing Advisor Fellow
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:40 a.m. on Mondays
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:40 a.m., 3:00 p.m. - 3:40 p.m. on Fridays
Adele Pitkeathly, Senior Writing Advisor Fellow
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:10 a.m., 12:50 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., 2:35 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. on Tuesdays
* Online consultations are only available for researchers located at Kasumi and Higashi-Senda campuses.
* For your protection during COVID-19, Writing Center consultations are offered online only until further notice.
Types of papers you can bring to the session
- Journal papers
- Conference abstracts
- Conference presentation scripts
NOTE: For other types of academic writing in English, please use the writing tutorial service by students tutors.
Make an Appointment
This service is available by appointment only. Please make an appointment through the WRC system. The appointment should be submitted no later than one day prior to the selected consultation date.
We recommend that you submit your writing in advance. However, pre-submission is not mandatory. Please note that a full paper may require additional sessions.
NOTE: One session lasts 40 minutes. Only one appointment per week/per person is available (special arrangements can be made on a case by case basis).
Please refer to this page for details on how to make an appointment.