Program of Biomedical Science (Doctoral Course) aims to provide the personnel with knowledge / skills gained in the Program of Biomedical Science (Master’s Course) more advanced and interdisciplinary research abilities in biomedical science, medicine and dentistry.
Furthermore, the program focuses to cultivate researchers, educators, and medical professionals, capable of taking central roles in extensive research / academic disciplines involved in medical services, pharmacology, and medical engineering.
The program aims to cultivate the following personnel:
- Those who can promote basic / applied biomedical sciences at academic / research institutions on various scientific / interdisciplinary fields including biomedical science
- Those who can take central roles in advanced research development at healthcare companies
- Those who can take central roles in advanced medical treatment with research-oriented mind at health facilities
Education / Research Objectives
The program aims to foster the personnel who possess basic / practical skills in biomedical science to become researchers, educators and medical professionals capable of playing leading parts in extensive research or medical fields, by facilitating cutting edge interdisciplinary research activities and offering systematic / intensive education on life sciences and health care.
Career Paths after Completion
- Researchers health-related companies involved in biotechnology or pharmacy
- Health care providers with highly research-oriented mind at medical facilities
- Educators / researchers at educational or research organizations
- Academic staff
3 Policies for Program of Biomedical Science (Doctoral Course)
Degrees (Doctor of Philosophy in Medical Science, Doctor of Philosophy in Dental Science, or Doctor of Philosophy) are conferred on students who complete necessary credits; pass their thesis review / the final examination, after receiving research guidance, and fulfill the following qualities:
- Advanced knowledge on basic medical / dental research
- Understanding the roles of basic medicine and dental research in society
- Understanding applications and implementations of basic medicine and dental research
- Advanced Ability to facilitate basic medicine and dental research at educational research institutes
- Advanced Ability required for research development or medical related works in companies involved in biotechnology / health services
- Ability to provide health care services as health professionals with highly research-oriented mind at medical institutions
The program enforces the educational curriculum organized under the following policies based on the diploma policy.
- The program offers the curriculum consisting of lectures, seminars / practicum, and advanced research.
- Students will acquire fundamental knowledge on medical and dental research, after completing basic medical and dental subjects.
- Students will understand the roles of medical and dental research in society, after completing subjects in social medicine and dentistry including bioethics and clinical ethics.
- Students will understand applications and implementations of medical and dental research, after completing subjects in clinical medicine and dentistry.
- Students will acquire the ability to facilitate basic medicine and dental research in educational / research institutions by applying the knowledge and skills learned through 1-3.
- Students will acquire the advanced ability to conduct research development or medical services in companies or other organizations by applying the knowledge and skills learned through 1-3.
Based on the diploma and curriculum policies, the program seeks the following students:
- Those who are willing to acquire a broad knowledge on biomedical science, medicine and dentistry
- Those who are willing to carry out basic and applied research in biomedical science, medicine and dentistry
- Those who are willing to promote basic medicine and dental research at educational / research institutions
- Those who are willing to engage in research development or medical services in companies related to biotechnology or medicine
- Those who are willing to provide medical care as research oriented health professionals in medical institutions