The program mainly intends to cultivate advanced clinical pharmacists and Pharmacist-Scientists with research competence. To accomplish this, faculty members engaged in education / research in the field of pharmaceutical sciences strive to develop highly specialized professionals who have problem solving abilities encountered in various clinical sites. The program also provides the education that fosters pharmacy academic members who possess pharmacists’ point of view and research skills.
The Program also aims to foster the personnel who can make a contribution to development of clinical pharmacy and pharmacotherapy in Japan, and take international leaderships in pharmaceutical fields focusing on medical care.
The program aims to cultivate the following personnel:
- Those who can make a contribution to development of clinical pharmacy and pharmacotherapy for Japan through pharmaceutical education / research with profound knowledge on pharmacy
- Those who can take international leaderships in pharmaceutical clinical fields focusing on medical care
Education / Research Objectives
In order to cultivate the personnel above, the program aims to provide opportunities to acquire the following skills:
- Ability to conduct research on a medical care team joined as an advanced clinical pharmacist with clinical expertise
- Ability to conduct research on proper use of the specialized knowledge after acquiring specialized clinical pharmacy
- Ability to instruct proper use of drugs gained through the program
- Ability to conduct research contributing to public health and welfare through learned knowledge of clinical pharmacy
- Ability to develop pharmaceutical products after completion of the course of clinical pharmacotherapy
- Ability to conduct education / research after completion of the field of specialized clinical pharmacy
Career Paths after Completion
- Advanced clinical pharmacists who work in hospitals
- Pharmacy specialists who work in pharmacies
- Clinical pharmacists engaged in health care administration
- Pharmacists focusing on advanced research at public institutions
- Pharmacists engaged in clinical drug development at companies
- Academic staff
3 Policies for Program of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Doctoral Course)
Degrees (Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Science or Doctor of Philosophy) are conferred on students who complete necessary credits; pass their thesis review / the final examination, after receiving research guidance, and fulfill the following qualities:
- Ability to make a contribution to development of clinical pharmacy and pharmacotherapy for Japan through pharmaceutical education / research with profound knowledge on pharmacy
- Ability to take international leaderships in pharmaceutical clinical fields focusing on medical care
The program enforces the educational curriculum organized under the following policies based on the diploma policy.
- The program offers the curriculum consisting of lectures, advanced seminars and research.
- Students acquire a rich sense of humanity taking mandatory subjects on life/clinical ethics.
- The program offers omnibus lecture courses as common subjects to acquire an extensive specialized knowledge necessary for pharmaceutical research.
- The program offers specialized subjects for the program to acquire advanced level of expert knowledge and research competency in the field of Pharmacy.
Based on the diploma policy and curriculum policy, Division of Biomedical Sciences is seeking the following students:
- Those who are willing to be engaged in basic and clinical advanced research in the fields of medicine, dentistry, pharmaceutical science and radiation medical science
- Those who are willing to acquire basic and clinical knowledge widely in life science or radiation biology and medicine, beyond the current frameworks of the fields of medicine, dentistry, pharmaceutical science and radiation medical science
- Those who are willing to be engaged in highly advanced medical treatment
- Those who are willing to obtain high expertise and play an active role internationally in the fields of medicine, dentistry, and pharmaceutical science and radiation medical science
- Those who are willing to continue their career enhancement in a medical field and contribute to community health care as members of the society
|Genome and Biomolecular Engineering for Drug Discovery||Neurochemistry and Environmental Health Sciences||Cellular and Molecular Biology|
|Nucleic Acids Biochemistry||Clinical Pharmacotherapy||Pharmacotherapy|