E-mail：soumu*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)
The video of the 2019 Commencement Ceremony (Graduation Ceremony) is now available on YouTube:
※Please click the following link: https://youtu.be/3XKX8TMuAsA
The time of the 2019 Commencement Ceremony (Graduation Ceremony), scheduled for March 23, 2020, has been changed from 13:00 (originally scheduled time) to 11:00.
* Pre-recorded video clips of the ceremony will become available from Youtube at 13:00 on the above date.
[To Graduating Students]
・We regret to inform you that graduating students other than the graduates’ representatives are not allowed to enter the ceremony hall (Satake Memorial Hall).
・From 13:30: each School or Graduate School is organizing its diploma-awarding ceremony; please make sure to check the relevant information from your Support Office.
In light of the current situation of the novel coronavirus outbreak in Japan, HU has carefully examined the feasibility of the 2019 Commencement Ceremony (Graduation Ceremony), scheduled for March 23, 2020, and the following decision has been made: the venue for the ceremony has been changed from the Higashi-Hiroshima Sports Park Gymnasium Hall to the Satake Memorial Hall on Higashi-Hiroshima Campus. Please note that the total number of attendees as well as the duration of the ceremony have also been reduced as notified below.
To prevent further spread of the virus infection, only the selected number of the graduating students representing each School or Graduate School can attend the ceremony. This means that the rest of the graduating students are not allowed to attend the ceremony. We also regret to inform the family members of the graduating students that they are kindly requested to refrain from visiting the campus on the day. To compensate that, the ceremony will be streamlined on YouTube. Please note that the ceremony may be subject to cancellation should there be a drastic change in the circumstances regarding the spread of the coronavirus infections from this point of time onwards. If that were to happen, we would appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this matter.
|Time and Date||11:00 a.m. (lasting at most 30 min.) March 23, 2020 (Mon)|
|Venue||Satake Memorial Hall (Higashi-Hiroshima Campus)|
|Attendees||Undergraduate School Representative (1)
Graduate School Representatives: Master’s Degree (1), Doctoral Degree (1)
|University Representatives||HU’s President, Executive Director, Vice President, and Auditor|
|Event Schedule||Awarding of Degree, President’s Ceremonial Speech, Awards Session for Students' Achievements, Playing HU’s Song on CD|
Pre-recorded video clips of the ceremony will become available from Youtube at 13:00 on the above date.
※The YouTube link will be posted on this page.
Events such as graduation parties and “thank-you parties (i.e. expressing gratitude to your teachers)” shall be forbidden.
To Graduating Students
- We regret to inform you that graduating students other than the graduates’ representatives are not allowed to enter the ceremony hall (Satake Memorial Hall).
- From 13:30: each School or Graduate School is organizing its diploma-awarding ceremony; please make sure to check the relevant information from your Support Office.
- Please note that no indoor group photos are allowed.
- Graduation signboards/banners will be installed outside the Satake Memorial Hall and the different Schools/Graduate Schools for commemorative photos.
- “Dōage” (traditional Japanese custom of lifting a given person into the air in the spirit of celebration) and other cerebration rituals involving close body contact to each person are all prohibited.
- If you have a fever or any other cold symptoms, please refrain from coming to the campus.
- Once arrived at the campus, you are kindly advised to take all the measures to prevent the potential spread of the new coronavirus infection (e.g. always wearing a mask).
To the Family Members of the Graduating Students
- We request you to kindly refrain from coming to the campus on the day of the ceremony.
To HU Students
- On the day of the ceremony, we request you to kindly refrain from coming to the campus unless it is urgent/essential.