(Decided by the President on April 1, 2004)
Partially revised on April 1, 2005
Partially revised on August 1, 2011
Purpose of the Guidelines
1. The purpose of these Guidelines is to facilitate the management and operation of and substantialize the official website of Hiroshima University (the Hiroshima University Official Website).
2. The term “website” as used in these Guidelines means all webpages collectively managed and operated by organizations, groups or individuals of Hiroshima University and published on the university’s WWW server. The operation of the WWW server is provided for in a separate document in the Hiroshima University WWW Server Operation Regulations.
3. The term “unit” as used in these Guidelines means any of the faculties, graduate schools, advanced courses, affiliated research institutes, the hospital, libraries, the Headquarters for Liberal Arts Education, education and research institutes affiliated with faculties, etc., national joint usage facilities, joint usage facilities for national universities in the Chugoku/Shikoku area, joint education and research facilities on campus, attached schools, the Office of the President, the Competitive Grants Acquisition Strategy Office, the Audit Office, the Office of Executives, and centers and offices under the Office of Executives.
Scope and Composition of the Official Website
4. The Hiroshima University Official Website consists of a core site relating to university-wide information and organizational sites relating to information of the respective units.
Role of Hiroshima University Official Website
5. The Hiroshima University Official Website aims to publicize the university’s information and fulfill its accountability in light of its social mission, and it is used in order to communicate and exchange information relating to the university’s activities of various kinds in a timely and accurate manner.
Scope of the Core Site
6. The core site consists of the top page*1 and lower pages*2.
（※1） English version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index.html
Chinese version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index-c.html
Japanese version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index-j.html
（※2）Pages with URLs containing the following:
English version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/top/
Chinese version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/cn/top/
Japanese version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/top/
Scope of Organizational Sites
7. Organizational sites are sites which are created and operated by the respective units and composed of pages with URLs containing the following.
English version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/xxx/
Chinese version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/cn/xxx/
Japanese version: http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/xxx/
* “xxx” should be the name of the site designated by each unit (in alphabetical characters).
8. Sites, other than the core site and organizational sites, created by groups or individuals of Hiroshima University within the university’s domain (hiroshima-u.ac.jp) are treated as individual sites, and they are created in line with the university’s educational and research activities and social contribution activities or other activities closely related to the university.
URL of the Official Website
9. The URL of the official website is the URL of each of the following top pages of the core site:
http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index.html (English version)
http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index-c.html (Chinese version)
http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index-j.html (Japanese version).
The URL “http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/” is linked to the English top page.
Management and Operation Framework of the Official Website
10. With regard to the overall management and operation of the Hiroshima University Official Website, the Executive in charge of Community Relations, Public Relations and Academic Information is generally responsible for contents on the website and for the network environment and system operations for the website operation.
General Responsibility for Contents
11. The general responsibility set forth in the preceding paragraph covers making adjustments and corrections as necessary to the overall structure and hierarchy of the Hiroshima University Official Website and to the composition and design of the top pages, and requesting the site manager or operator to correct any problems arising on a site in terms of consistency among all sites included in the official website.
Enhancement of Contents and Consideration Therefor
12. Efforts should be made to update the contents and maintain the accuracy of information on the core site and organizational sites in order to meet the responsibility for information disclosure and accountability as mentioned in paragraph 5, and effort should also be made to enhance the contents on these sites in order to promote information disclosure.
Consideration to Web Accessibility
13. In the process of building and editing the core site and organizational sites, consideration should be given to the web accessibility specified in a separate document.
Management and Operation Framework of the Core Site and Organizational Sites
14. The core site is managed and operated under the direction of the Executive in charge of Community Relations, Public Relations and Academic Information, and an organizational site is managed and operated under the direction of the head of the unit that actually builds, edits and operates the site.
Operation Framework of Individual Sites
15. The responsibility for the management and operation of an individual site is placed on the account holder of the site. Such account holder should make efforts to avoid violation of the prohibited matters provided in Article 6 of the Hiroshima University WWW Server Operation Regulations and to give consideration to the web accessibility specified in a separate document.
Providing and Cancelling Links from the Core Site
16. Where a person who wishes to provide a link from the core site to an organizational site or cancel such link, he/she informs the Public Relations Group of the Community Relations, Public Relations and Academic Information Office of such intention. The Community Relations, Public Relations and Academic Information Office is to deliberate and decide whether or not to allow a new link.
Change and Correction to Links
17. A change or correction to any of the link items posted on the core site should be reported to Public Relations Group of the Community Relations, Public Relations and Academic Information Office promptly.
18. In addition to what is provided for in these Guidelines, other necessary matters concerning the management and operation of the Hiroshima University Official Website are specified by the Community Relations, Public Relations and Academic Information Office.
These Guidelines come into effect as of April 1, 2004.
These Guidelines come into effect as of April 1, 2005.
These Guidelines come into effect as of August 1, 2011.