Email:koho*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with ＠)
On April 20, 2020, the Cabinet of Japanese Government decided on "emergency economic measures for new coronavirus infectious diseases," paying particular attention to preventing the spread of infection, to provide a one-time special fixed subsidy to support households with a flat rate of 100,000 yen per person.
This Special Support Subsidy also applies to foreign residents in Japan who hold a residence (zairyū) card.
[Persons eligible for Special Support Subsidy]
Persons who hold a residence (zairyū) card as of April 27, 2020. International students of all nationalities are also eligible.
100,000 yen per eligible person.
Apply to the municipality where you are registered as a resident.
[Flow from application to subsidy receipt]
* Please note that the start dates of application reception and subsidy payment vary depending on the municipality.
- Application form reaches each household
Application will be accepted at the municipality of your residence.
- Apply by postal mail or online
<Via postal mail>
(1) Enter the bank account number of the householder in the name of the person.
(2) Return the bank account information document (the form you completed in the above (1)) and a copy of the personal identification document together.
<Online> * Available for “My Number Card” holders
(1) Enter the bank account number of the householder in the name of the person on the portal
(2) Complete the application by returning the bank account information on the portal (Identity confirmation is performed with an electronic signature. No personal identification documents are required.)
- Payment of subsidy
Subsidy payment for family members are transferred to the account in a single payment.
[Application acceptance period]
The application period is 3 months, and the start date of application acceptance is determined by each municipality.
Please beware of scams masquerading as Special Support Subsidy benefits!
Scams and the like pretending to be the special support subsidy are also anticipated. Please note:
- Municipalities and the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications will never ask you to complete any application steps using an automated teller machine (ATM).
- Municipalities, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, or any other government agencies will never ask for the transfer fees for the payment of Special Support Subsidy.
- Municipalities, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, or any other government agencies. will never inquire personal information such as household composition and bank account number by telephone, mail or email.
- If you received a phone call, a postal mail or an e-mail that impersonates the municipality or the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, please contact the city or town office where you reside, the nearest police station, or the police consultation phone (# 9110).
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications on Special Support Subsidy (related to emergency economic measures for new coronavirus infectious diseases)
For more details, please contact the municipality where your residence card is registered.