E-mail: gakusei-group＊office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)
In light of the current situation concerning the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Japan, HU students are advised to bear in mind the following measures during the spring break (up until March 31, 2020). This is because going out during the break may increase your likelihood of coming into close contact with many unspecified number of people, which will then increase your chance of getting infected with the new coronavirus; should that happen, you may unknowingly pass down the virus to the third parties.
The duration and contents of the following measures/precautions may be subject to further extension or reviews from time to time by considering the spread of the coronavirus infections in Japan.
- If you are travelling abroad or going back to your hometown, please examine very carefully about the risks involved with such travel and make a final decision.
- You are still advised to refrain from going out even if you only have a mild cold with either throat pain, cough or fever.
- Whether it is on or outside the campus events, or whether it is small- or large scale events, if the event venue in question is poorly ventilated and at the same time involves the participants coming into close contact with each other for communication or other purposes, please avoid as much as possible participating in the event concerned.
- Please refrain from organizing a kind of events that fall into the descriptions above.
※Events such as on-campus seminars and study sessions may be treated as exceptions, but even then, you should bear in mind the measures/precautions above.
[Necessary measures to be taken when organizing events]
- Participants with symptoms such as fever should be asked to refrain from attending the event (prior notice).
- Asking the public to rigidly follow coughing etiquette, and reminding them of frequent hand washing.
- Place alcohol disinfectants at multiple locations within the venue.
- In case of an indoor event, the venue should be regularly ventilated.
- Try to minimize the likelihood of direct contact with each participant as well as face-to-face communication.
- Please make sure to make yourself familiarize with the necessary actions/steps taken in advance so that you may be well-prepared for the future occurrence of the coronavirus infection on the event venue concerned.