E-mail: soumu*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)
The 2020 Autumn Term Commencement Ceremony (Graduation Ceremony) will be held as follows.
To prevent further spread of the virus infection, only the graduating students can attend the ceremony. We also regret to inform the family members of the graduating students that they are kindly requested to refrain from entering the hall. Please note that the ceremony may be subject to cancellation should there be a drastic change in the circumstances regarding the spread of the coronavirus infections from this point of time onwards. If that were to happen, we would appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this matter.
Date and Time:
September 18th, 2020 (Fri.) from 13:00
Hiroshima University Satake Memorial Hall (Higashi-Hiroshima campus)
(1-2-2 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima)
- Directions to Higashi-Hiroshima campus
- Map of Higashi-Hiroshima campus
*The closest bus stop is "Hirodai-chuoguchi."
HU’s President, Executive Director,Senior Vice President, Vice President(Student Support), and Auditor
Conferment of the Diploma and Academic Degree
The President's Speech
Playing Hiroshima University Song
To Graduating Students
- We regret to inform you that graduating students are not allowed to enter the ceremony hall (Satake Memorial Hall).
- Please note that no indoor group photos are allowed.
- Graduation signboards/banners will be installed outside the Satake Memorial Hall and the different Schools/Graduate Schools for commemorative photos.
- “Dōage” (traditional Japanese custom of lifting a given person into the air in the spirit of celebration) and other cerebration rituals involving close body contact to each person are all prohibited.
- If you have a fever or any other cold symptoms, please refrain from coming to the campus.
- Once arrived at the campus, you are kindly advised to take all the measures to prevent the potential spread of the new coronavirus infection (e.g. always wearing a mask).
To the Family Members of the Graduating Students
We request you to kindly refrain from entering to the hall of the ceremony.
To HU Students
On the day of the ceremony, we request you to kindly refrain from coming to the campus unless
it is urgent/essential.