E-mail: wpi-skcm2-ura＊hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)
Experience the Japanese tradition of "MIZUHIKI" at our upcoming event organized by Hiroshima University's International Institute for Sustainability with Knotted Chiral Meta Matter (SKCM2). Discover the fascinating relationship between knots and mathematics using MIZUHIKI, and take part in our stamp rally.
No need to register, and admission is free. Come and join us for this unique cultural and educational experience.
Date & Time
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Hiroshima University of Economics, Seifukan
1175 Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima
Collect 3 stamps to get Momiji Manju (limited to first 50 to arrive)
- Pier Square
- Hakataya (souvenir shop)
Making plum knots with Mizuhiki
*It will only take 10 minutes for the class
- Let's touch Japanese traditional culture "MIZUHIKI"
- Make your own plum-knot key chains for souvenirs
- Instructor: Ms. SAWAI Ritsuko (Hiroshima Kimono Asobi)
Touching math and knots
- Experience the mathematics of Mizuhiki structure
- Let's learn how knots relate to math!
- Try out some quizzes to get SKCM2 goods
Seeing the knot in VR
*It will only take 5 minutes
- Let's see trefoil knot in VR
- Let's see the world of vector fields in VR
Rules of Stamp Collecting:
- Pier Square (START) → Hiroshima University of Economics "Seifukan" → Hakataya (GOAL)
- Participate in one of the following events at Seifukan: "Making plum knots with Mizuhiki," "Touching math and knots," or "Seeing the knots in VR."
- After getting stamped at Hakataya, get momiji manju with a voucher!
Hiroshima University WPI-SKCM2 Office