As of February 18, 2020
[Hiroshima University’s measures to prevent the spread of the disease]
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is designated as a class 1 specified infectious disease under the School Health and Safety Act. Therefore, examinees who become a carrier of the COVID-19 and have not recovered from the disease cannot take the entrance examinations of Hiroshima University. Hiroshima University will not plan to hold a make-up examination for the entrance examination.
[Until the examination date]
(1) It is important to take the following infection control measures, taking into account the fact that there are various disease types with colds and flu like symptoms.
- Wash hands often
- Wear a mask
- Follow cough etiquette(*1)
- Disinfect the items that you touch (with ethanol or home cleaner)
- Ventilate well
- Avoid a crowded place
- Check the latest information
(Note *1) Sneeze, blow your nose or cough into a disposable tissue, and discard the tissue immediately into a bin and wash your hands with soap. If tissues are not available cough/sneeze into your upper arm or sleeve; avoid using your hands.
Please refer to the following websites:
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (in Japanese):
World Health Organization (WHO) (in English):
(2) Examinees who meet any of the following conditions must contact the relevant school he/she is applying for (contact details of each school are listed below). The measures described below are as of February 13, 2020.
- You have a fever and respiratory symptoms (including slight symptoms), and you have been exposed(*2) to a person who was/is/became a confirmed carrier of the COVID-19.
- You have a fever (37.5℃ or higher) and respiratory symptoms, and you visited/lived in Hubei and/or Zhejiang Province within 14 days before the appearance of these symptoms.
- You have a fever (37.5℃ or higher) and respiratory symptoms, and you have been exposed(*2) to a person who visited/lived in Hubei and/or Zhejiang Province.
- You have a fever (37.5℃ or higher) and respiratory symptoms, and you visited/lived in the People's Republic of China (except for Hubei and/or Zhejiang Province) within 14 days before the appearance of these symptoms.
(Note *2) “exposed” in this document means meeting any of the following conditions:
- You had prolonged close contact to someone suspected of being infected with the COVID-19, for example in a household, in a car or in an airplane.
- You had a medical examination with, lived with, nursed or cared for, etc. someone who may have been a carrier of the COVID-19.
- You had contact with bodily fluids (spit, mucus (ex. as emitted in a sneeze), etc.) of someone who may have been a carrier of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
(3) If you have an emergency inquiry on topics such as regarding infectious diseases, or public transportation technical difficulties on Monday, February 24 or Wednesday, March 11 (the day before the examination), please make sure to contact the relevant school he/she is applying for (contact details of each school are listed below). (Office hours: from 8:30am to 5:15pm).
(4) Please come prepared with a face mask and a plastic bag to be used for discarding the face mask hygienically. Examinees are not allowed to leave behind any trash, including face masks which you are no longer needed.
[On the day of examination]
(1) If you have a fever and respiratory symptoms (including slight symptoms), please make a phone call to the relevant school he/she is applying for. If you have already arrived at the examination venue, be sure to wear a face mask to cover mouth and nose. Only after affixing your mask, report your condition to the Hiroshima University staff at the entrance of the examination venue.
(2) We encourage you to use the disinfectant placed at the entrance of the examination venue and disinfect your hands and fingers carefully. Those who have a portable disinfectant are encouraged to bring it for their use. If you have a hypersensitivity reaction to a disinfectant, please wash your hands and fingers carefully at a lavatory.
(3) In principle, examinees are asked to wear a face mask prepared by themselves at the examination venue and the examination room. Especially, those who have symptoms such as a fever or coughing must wear a face mask.
(4) Please take your face mask off when you are asked by the proctor for the registered face photo confirmation.
(5) Proctors may use a face mask during the examination.
(6) Examinees are not allowed to throw your used face masks away in the garbage bins in the examination venue. Please discard your used face mask into a plastic bag which you yourself have attained in advance for your own trash.
[After the examination]
If you become a carrier of or a suspected carrier of the COVID-19 after the examination, please make sure to contact the relevant school he/she is applying for (contact details of each school are listed below) as soon as possible.
The measures given above, for the purpose of addressing the COVID-19, may be altered depending on the situation. Further instructions from the university may be posted on the Hiroshima University website.
HU Schools contact information
|Name of the School||TEL||E-mail (Please replace * with @)|
|School of Integrated Arts and Sciences||082-424-6315||souka-gaku-sien*hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Letters||082-424-6613||bun-gaku-sien*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Education||082-424-6725||kyoiku-gakusi*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Law||082-424-7215||syakai-gaku-sien*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Economics||082-424-4646||syakai-gaku-sien*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Science||082-424-7317||ri-gaku-sien*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Medicine||082-257-5049||kasumi-gaku-m*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Dentistry||082-257-5613||kasumi-gaku-d*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Pharmaceutical Sciences||082-257-5777||kasumi-gaku-p*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Engineering||082-424-7524||kou-gaku-gakubu*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Applied Biological Science||082-424-7915||sei-gaku-sien*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
|School of Informatics and Data Science||082-424-7611||kou-gaku-gakubu*office.hiroshima-u.ac.jp|
If you have an emergency inquiry on February 25 or March 12, please make a phone call.