Updated on July 26th, 2018
Financial support for students
[The Japanese Student Services Organization (JASSO)]
- JASSO Support Grant (100,000 yen / grant-type aid)
Target: Students who are suffering from half or even more serious destruction of their own residence due to the disaster caused by the torrential rains in early July, 2018
Required Documents: Disaster victim certificate (“risai shoumeisho” in Japanese
*stating the extent of damage to the residence such as half/complete destruction, inundation above floor level etc.
(A photocopy can be submitted)
Application Period: by August 10 (Fri.)
*In fact, however, the application can be still accepted by October 15. Please make early applications.
Inquiries: 082-424-6167, 6169, 4339(Section in Charge of Scholarship, Student Services Group)
Detailed Information: https://www.jasso.go.jp/about/information/press/18070903.html
[Enrollment and Tuition Fee Waivers]
- Please contact the section below about fee waiver applications on this disaster.
Inquiries: 082-424-6168, 6163 (Section in Charge of Tuition Fee Waiver, Student Services Group)
Required Documents: A photocopy of a certificate to prove the extent of post-disaster damage, (i.e. disaster victim certificate, “risai shoumeisho”)
Detailed Information: MOMIJI → Campus Life Information → Economical Support
Opening Hours of On-campus Facilities, Cafeterias, and Shops on Saturday 28th July
We would like to let you know about the following on-campus facilities’ and university co-op’s operating hours for the makeup class day of July 28 (Sat). The details are as follows;
- Cafeterias (West Welfare Center No.2, North Welfare Center No.1 and University Hall): 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Shop (West Welfare Center No.2): 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Shop (North Welfare Center No.1): 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Cafeteria (Viola dining) and shop (Viola shop) will NOT be open.
- Cafeteria (Punana dining): 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Shop (Punana shop): 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
*For more details, click here (It directs you to the official website of HU Co-op; Japanese page)
Health Service Center
<Higashi-Hiroshima campus> 8:30 am - 5:15 pm
<Kasumi campus> 8:30 am - 5:15 pm
<Higashi-Senda campus> 9:30 am - 9:15 pm
Accessibility Center (Higashi-Hiroshima campus) 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Student Plaza (Higashi-Hiroshima campus) 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
*ONLY free space at 1st floor will be available.
Updated on July 23th, 2018
The risk of the cutting network has disappeared
The detour construction for the campus network due to the torrential rain finished at 12:00PM, July 18, 2018 and the risk of the cutting network has disappeared.
At a later date, the construction for recovering regular optical fibers will be carried out.
If disconnection of "Momiji" etc. will happen, we'll announce again.
Updated on July 13th, 2018
Housing support for those students who have found that commuting daily from their home is difficult
If students are unable to commute to university by the disaster and hope to reside in a student dormitory, please do not hesitate to contact the student services group, the 3rd floor of the student plaza.
July 13 (Fri.), July 17 (Tue.) to July 20 (Fri.): 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
July 14 (Sat.): 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
July 15 (Sun.) and July 16 (Mon.): 9:00 am to 12:00 (noon)
Number of rooms
IKENOUE dormitory: 54 rooms for male
Leased apartment: 42 rooms for female
Updated on July 11th, 2018
Possible inaccessibility of "Momiji"(the student information portal site) due to the campus network failure
Due to the influence of the torrential rain, there is a possibility of inaccessibility of “Momiji TOP” page, My Momiji, and the Automatic Certificate Issuing Machine.
When My Momiji is inaccessible, as an alternative "Momiji Message" function, we will contact you at the phone number provided to the university, or your HU E-mail address (@hiroshima-u.ac.jp). It is strongly advised to take notice of them.
Currently, Information Media Center is preparing countermeasures. Any updates will be informed here. Please check it regularly.
#In case of the campus network failure, it is advisable to use your smartphone to access.
As of July 9th, 2018
- All the University libraries were closed on July 9th. They will be accessible from July 10th even though the opening hours may be shortened.
- Sporting Facilities and Shared Facilities for Extracurricular Activities in all the campuses will become accessible from Tuesday 10th July.
- In the afternoon and evening of 9th July, the following free foods were supplied to around 150 international students of Hiroshima University:
- 120 cans of emergency food that were stored in the stock depot of Hiroshima University Hospital
- 770 “Momiji-Manju” (small, maple-leaf-shaped sweets) and “Shakushi-Senbei” (rice-spatula-shaped crackers) kindly offered by Yamadaya Co., Ltd.
- Co-op shops and cafeterias/canteens are open, but there may be some changes in their opening hours. As the distribution of goods has been almost paralyzed, arrival of lunch boxes and bread as well as the availability of some of the food on the menu at the cafeterias/canteens may be affected. From July 10th, halal food becomes available at cafeterias/canteens.
- Study abroad information sessions, originally planned for July 10th and 11th, are canceled.