As of July 9th, 2018
As of July 9th 2018, the safety confirmation system of the university shows that there has been no report of any casualties of the students, faculty and administrative members at Hiroshima University.
2) Property Other Damages to the Properties
- The basement of the Environmental Research and Management Center, where tanks and a private power generator are installed, was inundated with muddy water, which made the center’s water treatment system inoperative. (Image 1)
- The side of the pedestrian/bicycle path beside the Central Library and Satake Memorial Hall has partially collapsed. (Image 2)
- A landslide originated from the hill located at the back of the Hiroshima University Kindergarten has brought a large volume of muddy water to the sidewalk and roadway along the Boulevard that eventually leads to the Higashi-Hiroshima campus. (Image 3)
- The mountain behind the Gagara Faculty Housing (Building No. 4) had a landslide, and the muddy water has washed through the Gagara Road, running near the Higashi-Hiroshima campus. (Image 4)
- Muddy water has flowed into the vicinity of the Ikenoue Student Dormitory and Yamanaka Ike (a name of Ppond). (Image 5)
[Kasumi and Higashi-Senda Campuses]
No damage has been reported so far.