How to Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility

Application procedure flowchart:

(1) Student Support Office
Send the following documents to the applicant

(2) Applicant
Fill out the Online Application for the Certificate of Eligibility and upload the required documents such as photo, passport copy etc.
(3) International Exchange Group
Acceptance of the applicant's application.
The information which is entered will be sent to the School/Graduate School/Center for approval.
(4) Student Support Office
Check your information and notify the approval (or rejection) to the International Exchange Group.
(5) International Exchange Group
Receive the approval (or rejection) by the School/Graduate Shool/Center.
Check all the necessary documents, and if the preparation for application is ready we will notify you by e-mail.
(6) International Exchange Group
Apply for the Certificate of Eligibility to the Immigration Bureau.
(7) Immigration Bureau
After your application is examined, the Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.
(8) International Exchange Group
Send the Certificate of Eligibility to the applicant by DHL or EMS.
(9) Applicant
Apply for a "Student" visa at the nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
»»» Entry into Japan

In the event of declination to enroll in Hiroshima University after you obtained the Certificate of Eligibility, it is required to return your Certificate of Eligibility to the International Exchange Group, Hiroshima University.

International Exchange Group (Visa Support)
Hiroshima University
Student Plaza, 1-7-1, Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan 739-8514
TEL: +81-82-424-7129   FAX: +81-82-424-4545
E-mail: huvisa(at) (Please replace (at) with @.)